Bluefin Tuna Poke Bowl
We are so excited with the addition of Red's Best sushi products and want to celebrate the occasion with a Tuna Poke Bowl Recipe. The insight we have into this particular Bluefin Tuna is so deep due to Red's industry leading traceability technology. Capt. Richard Emerson Jr. landed the tuna aboard the Empress out of Orleans, Massachusetts by Rod & Reel. Once landed, Red's bought the fish from Capt. Emerson and filleted it over a nine hour period into saku blocks and other sushi items.
Poke bowls are a great option for both lunch and dinner. They are quick to prepare, can be customized to your liking, and very healthy. For our poke bowls we keep it simple by incorporating premium grade Nishiki Rice, carrots, cucumbers, finely chopped lettuce, avocado, sesame seeds, and scallions. We then place the Bluefin Tuna on top and drizzle a lemon garlic sriracha sauce. Once the rice is boiled, this can all be prepared within 10-15 minutes yielding a quick meal during the week. The best part about poke bowls is that they are so versatile, feel free to substitute salmon, scallops, or black sea bass as they are all wonderful additions. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- 4 Oz. Bluefin Tuna
- 1 ½ Cup Premium Grade Rice (Nishiki)
- 1 Whole Carrot (finely sliced)
- ¼ Cup Cucumbers (quartered)
- ⅛ Cup Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Cup Lettuce (finely chopped)
- 1 Whole Avocado (sliced)
- ⅛ Cup Scallions (chopped)
Lemon Garlic Sriracha Aioli
- ½ Whole Lemon (juice)
- ½ Cup Mayo
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- Pour rice into sauce pan. Add 2 cups of water and soak for 15 minutes. Once soaked, boil the rice until soft.
- While rice is being prepared, chop your vegetables to your liking (cucumbers, carrots, avocado, lettuce, and scallions).
- Slice Bluefin Tuna
- Once rice is complete, let it cool by removing your portion sizes from the pan to expedite the process. Once cooled, add your vegetables, tuna, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Combine ingredients for the lemon garlic sriracha aioli in a bowl and whisk together. Feel free to add more or less of the sriracha depending on how spicy you want the aioli to be. Once completed, drizzle over the top of your poke bowl. Enjoy and please share pics! #localprovisions