Britt's Lobster Rolls
If there is one thing that reminds us of summer its Britt's Lobster Rolls. We are convinced she could start a food truck on the Cape and Islands selling these puppies during the summer. We are going to share a bit of our "proprietary" family recipe so we can spread the wealth and allow more folks to enjoy this New England delicacy year round.
First and foremost, do not serve the lobster salad on a hotdog bun. If you go into a local store to buy lobster meat its going to run you $30-$40 a pound (its crazy) thats why we suggest buying your lobsters and boiling them at home. Putting the lobster meat on a 50 cent bun is like buying imported farmed tilapia in New England, you just don't do it. Go out and buy a nice loaf of french bread from a local bakery or even better bake your own loaf if you want to kick it up a notch.
When it comes to making the lobster salad, we recommend boiling your lobsters for about 10-12 minutes for 1.5-2.0 lb lobsters. Once boiled, remove the claw and tail meat. We then add in red onion, mayo, salt, pepper, and dill. Make sure it is not too watery as it will dilute the flavor so add the mayo in slowly and do not forget the dill, this herb elevates the salad to another level!
Finally, toast your fresh french bread with butter on it. Once toasted, add the lobster salad and squeeze a little lemon on top. We can guarantee this recipe will become a hallmark during the summer for your family such as on the 4th of July!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 3 lbs Live Lobsters
- 2 Stalks Celery - Finely Chopped
- ½ Medium Size Red Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill - Chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo (add slowly depending on the amount of meat from the lobsters)
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Boil pot of water and cook lobsters for 10-12 minutes
- Once boiled, remove tail and claw meat
- Add lobster meat into bowl and combine with salt, pepper, mayo, dill, celery, and onions. Go lightly on the mayo, make sure the salad is not too watery. Try to mop up any loose water that the lobster meat may add to the bowl.
- Toast french bread with a slice of butter on top
- Once toasted, add the lobster salad and enjoy! Please share pics! #localprovisions #honorthecraft