Swordfish Tips | Soy, Garlic, Rosemary Marinade
Our favorite recipe from the summer, hands down, this one will live on throughout the year as it is so good! The soy, garlic, and vinegar marinade provide a succulent flavor that is absorbed right into the swordfish tips. The rosemary that is placed on top provides a subtle hint when it comes time to indulge.
The grilling could not be more straightforward, 3-4 minutes on the top and bottom side of the tips. You will want to grill with a watchful eye to ensure you keep the tips nice and moist. During the fall, we are pairing our swordfish tips with a side of spaghetti squash which happens to go wonderfully together.
For drinks, pair with a pinot noir or your favorite brew.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 lb Swordfish Steaks
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (pressed)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Rind
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 Sprigs Rosemary
- Cut the Swordfish Fish Steak into Triangular Tips (see pics). The Tips can be roughly the size of your palm or smaller.
- Prep the swordfish tips by drying them. Feel free to pat them down with a paper towel or napkin. Once dried, season with salt and pepper.
- As swordfish tips are becoming seasoned with the salt and pepper, prep your grill. Ensure the grates are cleaned and warm to approximately 400 - 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the wet ingredients: Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Red Wine Vinegar in a wide plate.
- Add in the dry ingredients: Garlic, Coriander, Cumin, Lemon Rind, Red Pepper Flakes. Once combined, add to the wet mixture and use a whisk to throughly blend the ingredients together.
- Add Swordfish Tips and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Once coated, add the 4 rosemary sprigs on top and let them marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Grill the Swordfish Tips. Each side should be grilled for 3-4 minutes depending thickness.
- Plate your swordfish with your side of choice. Enjoy and share pics! #localprovisions #honorthecraft